CrochetmeMom

My first attempt at blogging: I knit and have started a crochet project as well. I'm a retired elementary school teacher who still subs occasionally. I have a married daughter and a son who just completed his masters degree and, hopefully, will find a good job soon! My husband and I are currently organizing a walk for pancreatic cancer research through the Lustgarten Foundation. I will attempt to write about these aspects of my life, as well as about political issues of the day.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My first fitted sweater!


Mom's Knitted Sweater
Originally uploaded by kpwerker.

Proud me showing off! This took about 2 months of compulsiveness to complete! I even worked on it while subbing ( I retired as an elementary school teacher in June of '05, and now just sub in my home school when I feel like it.) Yesterday, I wore the sweater to work, and my colleagues were speechless.

I used Rowan Calmer cotton yarn (size 6 & 8 needles) that Kim made me buy on sale last summer! When I got up the nerve to try a fitted sweater, I returned to my favorite shop, Periwinkle Sheep, to find a pattern - since misplaced - to fit my amount of yarn. And this is what we came up with!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said…

    Awesome sweater--what's the pattern?

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    It's gorgeous! And congratulations on your blog!

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Norah said…

    Wow, that's an awesome sweater and you look great in it! Love your new blog!

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Crochet Leah said…

    Wow!! You look great!!!! Beautiful job on the sweater, you should be very proud. I love your blog!! I got here from your daughter's and I look forward to seeing what other projects you do!!!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Suzetta said…

    You look great.

    ....insert wolf whistle here....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home