CrochetmeMom

My first attempt at blogging: I knit and have started a crochet project as well. I'm a retired elementary school teacher who still subs occasionally. I have a married daughter and a son who just completed his masters degree and, hopefully, will find a good job soon! My husband and I are currently organizing a walk for pancreatic cancer research through the Lustgarten Foundation. I will attempt to write about these aspects of my life, as well as about political issues of the day.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006



I finished my second crochet project!!!! Last summer I knitted a shawl with this red cotton yarn (no longer have the label, so cannot give details!) I was never really pleased with the results, and therefore never wore it.

Flash forward a year, and find me a much more confident needle artist. After making the white shawl with Rowan rope yarn, I thought, why not adapt the pattern and recycle the red shawl. Rip, rip, rip, think, think, think, revise the pattern by using a size 5 hook and adding rows to compensate for the thinner yarn, and here we are! Now I know that no yarn is ever wasted - any unsuccessful work can be made to disappear only to be replaced by a large ball of yarn yearning to be worked - and I am more confident in my ability to interchange knitting and crocheting to fit the project! Next up, a crochet bag using the remainder of this yarn - an ensemble is called for, and will be modeled by me for this blog in the very near future! After that, my set of Denise knitting needles look forlornly at a Rowan sweater pattern...

4 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kim Werker said…

    You are a master, mom! I can't wait to see you model the shawl, and to hear about your bag pattern adaptation. Woo hoo!

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Very very nice! I love working with cotton yarn...I like the feel of it!

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said…

    The shawl looks great!

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Anonymous frecklegirl jess said…

    Great job, Crochetme Mom!

    Hopping over from Kim's blog to say hi.

    Amazing as a second project- Congrats! I think my second knit project was some deformed hat or something! ;)

    That is one of the greatest things about crocheting and knitting- you can always start again if you don't like it. Mistakes reborn as something beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home