CrochetmeMom

My first attempt at blogging: I knit and have started a crochet project as well. I'm a retired elementary school teacher who still subs occasionally. I have a married daughter and a son who just completed his masters degree and, hopefully, will find a good job soon! My husband and I are currently organizing a walk for pancreatic cancer research through the Lustgarten Foundation. I will attempt to write about these aspects of my life, as well as about political issues of the day.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lustgarten Walk for Pancreatic Cancer
This coming July 23, my husband and I are organizing an "In Your Neighborhood" Walk to raise much-needed money for pancreatic cancer research. My family has been deeply affected by the disease- my husband's mother, sister, and brother all lost their battles against it!
The Lustarten Foundation annually runs a huge walk in Westbury, Long Island. For the past few years the foundation has encouraged folks across the nation to add walks of their own. Please follow my link on the sidebar to get more information, and, hopefully, to join us in this worthy cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home